Ep#18 – Using Audio in your marketing mix
This week on the Local Social Business Show the boys are going to give you all of the info you need to start your very own podcast TODAY!
In fact if you listen right to the end, Alistair is going to share with you a very powerful yet exceptionally simple way to podcast right from your mobile phone.
If you can talk into your phone and send an email, then you are over qualified to do it.
Check out the show notes below, to see what you are going to learn….
Why you should be using audio
- Can be repurposed for other platforms – transcribe for blog post, add slides for video
Downsides (Get past these two and you are set to go)
- Everyone hates their voice
- Can be a lot of fun
- Literally giving you a voice
- Practice for your big interview on radio or tv
- Your competition won’t be doing it, so you will stand out and be seen as the expert
- Make it downloadable people can listen whilst walking, in the car etc
Tools to get you started todayPlatforms Creating audio when mobile (The best place to start) What to talk about Real world: Fitness instructor
- quick tips and thoughts – success stories
- Full podcast – training techniques, how to keep motivated
- Be yourself, talk like you are chatting to a friend
- Two people if possible, makes it more interesting
- Tie your message into stories
- Don’t caught up in the technical side of it, creating quality content is the key
- How Alistair did it in 2 minutes flat